Truevision is a 3D modeler for GNOME. It is still in developement,
so be carefull and save often. The current version (0.5.5) can:
- create some objects:
- finite solid primitives: blob, box, sphere, cone, cylinder,
torus, heightfield, superellipsoid, lathe, prism, julia fractal, sphere sweep
- finite patch primitive: disc, bicubic patch
- infinite solid primitive: plane
- lights: point, cylindrical, spot, area, light groups
- csg operators: union, merge, intersection, difference
- athmospherics: background, skysphere, media, fog
- misc. : link object, group object, light group, isosurface, parametric
surface, povrau script
- manipulate them (rotate, scale, translate ...)
- manipulate and edit the camera.
- render the scene with the multithreaded povray frontend.
- create and edit materials , with preview in editor.
- output the scene to povray (generates both pov and ini files
- save and load scenes, objects, and materials.
- save materials with preview in material library.
- extend Truevision with python plugins.
Truevision is distributed under the terms of the GNU Public
License. You can get the latest version here.
The Truevision team & contributors
If you're interested in contributing to this open source software
see the "Contribute" page.
- Thanks to the sourceforge
team for hosting the project.